Inside: The easiest spinach and artichoke dip ever made – and also a hot appetizer dip that will be a hit at every party!
Spinach & Artichoke Dip
I have always been a fan of the flavors that spinach and artichoke bring to my tastebuds.
When we decide to order appetizers at a restaurant I almost always choose the spinach and artichoke dip … but I’m a cheese balls girl at heart too, so if they’re both on the menu … both it is!
This recipe is a restaurant-style spinach artichoke dip that I serve with tortilla chips and pita chips as well. Although, you could choose one or the other and be totally fine too.
You’ll undoubtedly love the hint of garlic, along with the tang of the artichokes, the comfort of the cream cheese and the way the spinach brings the entire dip together.
This dip is made in the oven, though there’s no reason that you couldn’t let it heat up and come together in a Crock Pot just the same.
More fantastic appetizer choices:
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 8 ounce box cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 10 ounces frozen spinach thawed drained and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese optional
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease baking dish
- Squeeze all water out of the thawed spinach. It is easiest to do this by squeezing small amounts at a time
- Chop spinach into small pieces
- Chop artichoke hearts into small pieces
- In a medium bowl mix together the garlic, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan, 1/2 cup mozzarella, artichoke hearts, spinach and black pepper, Then top with remaining shredded mozzarella and asiago cheese. Asiago cheese is optional. but it adds a lot to the dip
- Spoon into baking dish, bake for 25-30 minutes and cheese is melted on top.
- Broil for 1-3 minutes on top - stay near the oven so the dip doesn't burn on top
- Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips or naan bread pieces
When ready to bake, set dish on countertop for 10-15 minutes
Follow the remaining baking directions
** Consider adding 5-10 minutes to cooking time to heat dip all the way through