Inside: Learn how to make a simple, delicious and easy chicken enchilada soup.
This chicken enchilada soup will invoke all of the fall feelings that you think of when you think of cold, soup weather. I can guarantee that!
Creamy Enchilada Soup
I have been in the soup mood and so excited for it, too. If you’re reading this in the year 2020, you know why I’m craving comfort food (am.i.right?!)
If you’re reading this recipe after the year 2020, you’ll recall why we were all craving comfort food …
And, this soup is just that.
In my opinion, it’s so true that soups give you all of the warm feels that we crave when things are uncertain, or we just want to hunker down inside.
Now, I will say that this soup has a kick. Between the enchilada sauce and the green salsa, this is likely not a kid-friendly soup, unless you have kids that like a little spice.
Our nine-year-old daughter had a neighbor friend over as the final batch was being perfected and the friend had some … she all but licked the bowl… so, take It for what it’s worth but this is pretty dang good!
If you’re planning on making this soup for a crowd, just make sure it’s some people who enjoy some flavors. 🙂
Other soups that I enjoy making when the weather turns are this easy crockpot potato soup with frozen hash browns and if you’re looking for something a little more hearty, these Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches are one of my favorite meals.
Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 24 oz chicken broth
- 4 oz salsa green
- 4 oz cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 1 28 oz can enchilada sauce mild
- sour cream to take down spice/for topping
- cilantro garnish
- tortilla strips garnish
- In a pan, combine shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, chicken broth and salsa
- Bring to a simmer
- Reduce heat to low
- Add cubed cream cheese and cheese & stir until combined with enchilada sauce mixture
- In a small bowl mix 1 or 2 ladles of soup with heavy whipping cream.
- Stir, then add to pot with the rest of the ingredients
- Top with sour cream, cilantro and tortilla strips for garnish