Need easy and healthy high protein appetizers that are low carb as well? These Salmon Keto Appetizer Bites are amazing, filling and packed with protein and Bonus healthy fat from the avocado.
These are truly the perfect with Keto finger food boasting about 3 grams of protein per bite and over a gram of net fat. Talk about packing a Keto punch!
Salmon and Avocado Keto Appetizer Bites
So… the Keto journey is officially on for me. One week in and I’m down 4 pounds. That’s it and I’m completely satisfied with that. I have been trying to lose 10-20 pounds for what seems like forever, and for the life of me I couldn’t get it off (in fact, I was gaining and gaining and gaining more, the more that I tried to lose).
So, I spent just a few hours researching how to officially do the keto diet and I tell you, it wasn’t going to be that difficult. In fact, I’d even venture to say that it is easier than I ever dreamed that it would be (gasp!). I am a long life devotee to bagels, a chip lover, a dip connoisseur, an english muffin expert, I’d choose a creamy soup in over a dinner and night out and the crock pot is my favorite tool. So, if I can do the keto diet and food way than you can, too!
I suppose though, that I am lucky and the perfect candidate for this popular low carb diet as fish is included and actually encouraged in this way of eating. So, there you go. Tell me to eat shrimp, salmon, flounder and steaks? I’m in! I also love veggies, so this also makes me the perfect candidate.
Enter our inaugural neighborhood bunco. I had to come up with keto finger foods and keto appetizers that I knew that I could eat, too and I knew that several of my neighbors also appreciate whole foods, so this salmon appetizer was going to be a hit. I didn’t get a chance to take in process photos because I was making several items at once and I was also making punch, but I did get final pictures (don’t you want to gobble up your screen??)
And, boy was I right! These flew off the appetizer table!
And, they’re so simple, too!
Salmon Keto Appetizer Bites Ingredients
4 Salmon Filets, thawed
1 T Old Bay Seasoning
2 cucumbers, sliced into 1/4 inch thin pieces
2 avocados, pits removed and mashed
1/4 ounce lime juice
1 c mayonnaise
1/4 cup mustard (I use Delicatessen mustard)
1 T smoked paprika
1 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
2 teaspoons prepared horseradish sauce
1 teaspoon pickle juice (dill or sweet, your preference)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 large clove garlic, minced
Take cooled salmon pieces, rub bottoms with tablespoon of avocado mix
Place on top of cucumber slices
Drizzle bites with remoulade
This is an incredibly simple, whole, healthy and popular keto salmon recipe – everyone is going to love these, whether they’re watching their diet or not!
Salmon Keto Appetizer Bites
- 4 Salmon Filets thawed
- 1 T Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 cucumbers sliced into 1/4 inch thin pieces
- 2 avocados pits removed and mashed
- 1/4 ounce lime juice
- cilantro optional
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard I use Delicatessen mustard
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice dill or sweet, your preference
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- Prepare remoulade by combining all ingredients
- Spoon into Ziploc baggie (you'll be cutting the corner of the baggie to drizzle remoulade onto salmon as the last step)
- Remoulade can be made up to 1 day in advance
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Pat salmon filets with paper towel to take excess liquid off
- Place filets onto parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 425 for 9-12 minutes (or until fish is flaky)
- While still hot, cut each filet of salmon into several quarter size pieces
- Let salmon cool
- In a separate bowl mash your avocados and add lime juice - set aside
- Cut cucumber into slices that will be strong enough to use as the base of the salmon bites
- Take cooled salmon pieces, rub bottoms with tablespoon of avocado mix
- Place on top of cucumber slices
- Drizzle bites with remoulade