I love having this delicious bacon casserole breakfast recipe in my back pocket.
And, if you love the ham and egg combo more than bacon and egg combo, switch out ham for the bacon. You could easily make this a breakfast casserole with bacon and sausage by adding in a 1/2 or 3/4 cup full of crumbled sausage.
The great thing about breakfast for dinner and this is that you really just can’t go wrong.
But, this easy breakfast casserole with bacon will likely become a favorite, I can almost guarantee.
The Best Easy Bacon Casserole Breakfast Recipe
When you have guests in town don’t you hate being in the kitchen? Being bogged down with where the ingredients were all placed, chopping onions, and running to and from the microwave just isn’t fun when you want to be sitting down enjoying a cup of coffee.
I have a solution.
This is a bacon breakfast casserole that you can make 100% ahead. An overnight breakfast casserole that you’re going to love!
Or, make it the day of if you’d rather, but in this recipe you’ve got options and don’t we all love options? 🙂
And, for one extra “you must make this” plug, this is a great egg casserole with bacon if you are looking for the perfect Christmas breakfast casserole with bacon.
What are the ingredients for this breakfast casserole with bacon and hash browns?
This egg casserole breakfast is one of my favorites to make especially when I need breakfast for a crowd. This can also be a great make ahed breakfast since all of the ingredients can be prepared and combined quickly in the morning.
You’re going to love this Bacon egg casserole!
- 5 eggs
1/2 cup milk
3 cups of frozen hashbrowns, thawed
1/3 c. greens onion, sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups mild cheddar cheese, divided
8 slices cooked bacon (or 1 cup diced ham), divided
Here’s how to make this easy Egg Casserole breakfast:
Cook and crumble your bacon in a pan (or if you’re like me, bake it on parchment paper at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes)
Stir together eggs and milk
Combine the hashbrowns, green onions, salt, pepper, 1 cup of cheese and 7 slices cooked & crumbled bacon
Pour egg and milk mixture over hashbrown mixture in a bowl and stir to combine
Pour into a 9 inch pie shape baking dish
Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon
Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes uncovered, or until casserole is set when you try and wiggle it and a toothpick comes out “clean”. Let the breakfast casserole sit for 5 minutes or so to let it harden up a bit.
Cut into wedges and serve. This bacon and egg casserole will serve 6-8 people alongside something else!
What are some great side dishes for a breakfast casserole?
I also love these Egg Breakfast Casseroles:
Breakfast Casserole with Bacon and Hash Browns
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups of frozen hashbrowns thawed
- 1/3 c. greens onion sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups mild cheddar cheese divided
- 8 slices cooked bacon or 1 cup diced ham, divided
- Cook and crumble your bacon.
- Stir together eggs and milk.
- Combine the hashbrowns, green onions, salt, pepper and 7 slices cooked & crumbled bacon.
- Add one cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Pour egg and milk mixture over hashbrown mixture in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes uncovered, or until casserole is set when you try and wiggle it and a toothpick comes out "clean"
- Let the breakfast casserole sit for 5 minutes or so to let it harden up a bit.
- Cut into wedges and serve - will serve 6-8 people.